How long the effects of CBD last depends on your body, how much you take, how you take it and other:
- Dosage – The larger the serving size or the higher the dose you use, the longer CBD will stay in your system, and the longer you will feel the benefits of CBD
- Frequency – The more you use it, the longer CBD stays in your body. After continued use, the buildup of CBD could cause its effects to last longer. If you use it occasionally, however, it will clear your system quickly
- Your body – Everyone’s body is unique, and it is why different CBD products affect people differently. Your weight, for instance, is a crucial factor, as it impacts your metabolism
- Fat content of your body – if your body has less fat, it will not store as much CBD and allows you to process the substance faster, if you have a high body fat percentage, you will likely experience longer durations of CBD effects. Many people use hemp oil for weight loss.
- Your lifestyle – if you have a more active lifestyle, your metabolism will be higher, meaning your body will process the CBD you consume faster
- Food – consuming CBD products on a full stomach will impede your body’s ability to process the substance. This could cause its effects to last longer
Regularity of use is essential for the effects of CBD to occur. CBD binds indirectly to endocannabinoid receptors (CB1R and CB2R) and thus affects communication between the neurotransmitters of the central nervous system. In order to achieve homeostasis in the body, it is important to ensure a continuous supply of cannabinoids.
The effect of a single dose of cannabidiol in the human body, regardless of its concentration, lasts approximately 4 hours. It is reasonable to take doses that your body is able to process during its action. The rest is eliminated from the body without any benefit. Therefore, it is ideal to take CBD oil in lower doses and regularly during the day.
How fast does CBD oil start to work?
When you take CBD oil, it will be processed first by your gut, liver and other digestive organs where is the oil broken down into usable and unusable substances. Naturally, there are several different factors that affect bioavailability and the absorption of CBD into the bloodstream. There are many factors affecting how fast will the CBD oil start to work in your body, mentioning few:
- Method of Consumption – it can have a huge impact on the bioavailability of CBD
- Weight of the user – weight as a factor influences your metabolism, circulation and health. People who weigh more tend to have more fat cells, which means they can absorb and store more CBD. People usually use CBD oil for weight loss as well.
- Dosage – a higher dosage of CBD will increase the amount that will eventually be absorbed into the body
- Potency – the higher the CBD content, the more bioavailable it is
- Quality – the quality of the CBD products definitely affects when you can feel the CBD oil to start kick in. We at Cannglory make only the best of the best CBD oils on the market.
Therefore, for the fastest possible onset of effect, use CBD as an oil in coconut MCT carrier oil and use under the tongue. Hold the dose of CBD oil under your tongue for at least 1 minute and then drink a glass of water. CBD oil in coconut MCT oil is also very well absorbed by the digestive tract and is therefore a relatively suitable form and use in beverages.
Generally, you should start experiencing the effects of CBD within 1-6 hours, but it can take longer or shorter time depending on how you take it.