How long the effects of CBD last depends on your body, how much you take, how you take it and other:
* Dosage – The larger the serving size or the higher the dose you use, the longer CBD will stay in your system, and the longer you will feel its effects
* Frequency – The more you use it, the longer CBD stays in your body. After continued use, the buildup of CBD could cause its effects to last longer. If you use it occasionally, however, it will clear your system quickly
* Your body – Everyone’s body is unique, and it is why different CBD products affect people differently. Your weight, for instance, is a crucial factor, as it impacts your metabolism
* Fat content of your body – if your body has less fat, it will not store as much CBD and allows you to process the substance faster, if you have a high body fat percentage, you will likely experience longer durations of CBD effects
* Your lifestyle – if you have a more active lifestyle, your metabolism will be higher, meaning your body will process the CBD you consume faster
* Food – consuming CBD products on a full stomach will impede your body’s ability to process the substance. This could cause its effects to last longer
Regularity of use is essential for the effects of CBD to occur. CBD binds indirectly to endocannabinoid receptors (CB1R and CB2R) and thus affects communication between the neurotransmitters of the central nervous system. In order to achieve homeostasis in the body, it is important to ensure a continuous supply of cannabinoids.
The effect of a single dose of cannabidiol in the human body, regardless of its concentration, lasts approximately 4 hours. It is reasonable to take doses that your body is able to process during its action. The rest is eliminated from the body without any benefit. Therefore, it is ideal to take CBD oil in lower doses and regularly during the day.